inSIGHT: Canasta Tourney
Date and Time:
About the Event:
Registration Fee: Your registration fee of $35 or $50 is a donation to inSIGHT Through Education, Inc. and is tax-deductible.
March 7th • 12 PM| Registration closes at 12:00 noon EST.
March 7th • 8 PM | Everyone will receive an email with the tournament rules, link for the Zoom Cocktail Party and your Round One game information.
March 8th • 4:30 PM | Zoom Kickoff with Your Favorite Cocktail! Rules will be explained and questions will be answered. A great time to see the faces you miss!
March 8 - 11 | Game Play: Round One Each team plays two 8500 point games between March 8th and March 11th. Scores submitted by March 11th at 8:00 PM.
March 13 • 9:00 AM |Round Two game information will be emailed to all players.
March 13 - 17 | Game Play: Round Two Each team plays two 8500 point games between March 14th and March 17th. Scores submitted by March 17 at 1:00 PM.
March 17 • 4:00 PM | The two highest scoring teams are notified for play in the Championship Round.
March 17 - 19 | Game Play: Championship Round must be played and scores submitted by March 19th at 1PM.
March 19 • 4 PM | Zoom Closing Ceremony! Winners announced and prizes awarded!
- All tournament play will be on the Canasta Junction app.
- Registration is per person. If you are playing with a partner you will enter your partner’s information in the registration form. Singles are welcome and will be paired.
- There are two rounds of play plus a championship round in the tournament. The winning teams of Round One will play each other and all other teams will play in the “Second Chance” Tournament.
- Each round consists of two 8500 point games. The team with the highest combined score of the two games wins the round.
- Table Captains will be assigned for each round and responsible for: coordinating a mutually agreeable time to play among the 4 players - setting up and start the game on Canasta Junction - submitting scores to the Tournament Chair (all players in the game should be cc’d on the email for transparency and accuracy).
- Please be courteous during play to ensure a friendly and enjoyable experience for all. To make the game more social we encourage you to use Zoom, Facetime, Google Chat, or conference call during gameplay.
- NEW & EXCITING PRIZES for the Champions and Runners-Up!
- ALL participants will receive a discount code for 20% off in the inSIGHT Shop, as a "thank you" for your participation.
Contact Tournament Chair Ann Barth: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-447-4343
- Ace of Spades$35$350$0
- Queen of Hearts$50$500$0