inSIGHT: Canasta for a Cause!
Date and Time:
About the Event:
Registration Fee: Your registration fee of $35 or $50 is a donation to inSIGHT Through Education, Inc. and is tax-deductible.
October 10 | Registration closes at 12:00 noon EST.
October 11 | Everyone will receive an email with the tournament rules, link for the Zoom Cocktail Party and your Round One game information.
October 13 • 4 PM | Zoom Kickoff with Your Favorite Cocktail! Rules will be explained and questions will be answered. A great time to see the faces you miss!
October 13 - 15 | Game Play: Round One Scores submitted by October 15that 6:00 PM.
Round Two game information will be emailed by 10:00 PM on October 15th.
October 16 - 17 | Game Play: Round Two Scores submitted by October 17 at 8:00 PM.
October 18 | Highest scoring teams are notified for play in the Championship Round.
October 19 | Game Play: Championship Round
October 20 • 4 PM | Zoom Closing Ceremony! Winners announced and prizes awarded!
- All tournament play will be on the Canasta Junction app.
- Registration is per person. If you are playing with a partner you will enter your partner’s information in the registration form. Singles are welcome and will be paired.
- There are two rounds of play plus a championship round in the tournament. The winning teams of Round One will play each other and all other teams will play in the “Second Chance” Tournament.
- Each round consists of two 8500 point games. The team with the highest combined score of the two games wins the round.
- Table Captains will be assigned for each round and responsible for: coordinating a mutually agreeable time to play among the 4 players - setting up and start the game on Canasta Junction - submitting scores to the Tournament Chair (all players in the game should be cc’d on the email for transparency and accuracy).
- Please be courteous during play to ensure a friendly and enjoyable experience for all. To make the game more social we encourage you to use Zoom, Facetime, Google Chat, or conference call during gameplay.
Contact Tournament Chair Ann Barth: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-447-4343
- Ace of Spades$35$350$0
- Queen of Hearts$50$500$0